Monday, December 29, 2008

the rural juror

Ive been summoned for jury duty. I feel like a real adult now. Ive been chosen to serve the last week of January and the first week of February, two weeks seems like a long time and if I get selected for a case it could go longer. They tell me in the handy brochure that I need no special knowledge or ability to do this job, just common sense, the ability to concentrate on the evidence and to be fair and honest. I think I can do that. What are you suppose to wear to jury duty? This is going to be interesting.
I will leave you with a quote: " The American system of trial by jury is unique. No other nation relies so heavily on ordinary citizens to make its most important decisions about law, business practice, and personal liberty-even death. Ideally, Americans take their participation seriously least they someday stand before their peers seeking justice." --Stephen J. Adler

If you are wondering where the Rural Juror came from:



2 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Oh exciting...if you don't want to be picked you should just throw up in front of everyone! Play the prego card!

Jen said...

Didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad I stumbled upon it. It's hard to keep in touch sometimes, I sure like the blogging world for that reason!